Once Divided between TIDAL And WIMP, Service Now Falls Under TIDAL Name
TIDAL becomes a one-stop platform for music, video and other exclusive content
23/03/2015 — NEW YORK — (BUSINESS WIRE)
Marking the beginning of a new era of music and video experiences for consumers everywhere, TIDAL is now the sole name for the service that was once divided between streaming services TIDAL and WiMP.
The next step in the evolution of streaming, TIDAL is a global entertainment streaming service and artist hub that delivers content the way the artists intend for fans to experience it: High-fidelity streaming music along with exclusive content, editorial, experiences and merchandise.
The name TIDAL reflects the groundswell of fans everywhere who demand better quality sound and video, and artists who want to further promote their music directly to fans, as the artists originally intended. TIDAL is a single destination for artists and fans to share ideas, exclusive content, songs, videos, studio sessions, rough tracks, personal conversations and more.
Available across iOS and Android devices, as well as in web browser and desktop players, TIDAL offers high fidelity, lossless sound quality to enjoy music the way it was intended by your favorite artists. Streaming at more than four times the bit rate of competitive services, users are able to enjoy TIDAL on a wide range of the world’s finest home and portable audio products. Partnership and integration agreements have already been made with over 30 of the world’s most respected audio brands, see complete list below.
Notes to Editors
TIDAL music streaming experience at a glance:
• More than 25 million music tracks
• Lossless quality (FLAC/ALAC 44.1kHz / 16 bit – 1411 kbps)
• More than 75,000 music videos
• Curated Editorial provided by experienced music journalists and industry experts
• Dedicated apps available for iOS and Android phones and tablets
• Web player for PC/MAC
• Anthem, Airable by Tune In Media, Astell &Kern, Audeze, Audiovector, AudioQuest, Auralic, Aurender, Bel Canto, Bluesound & NAD, Dan D’Agostino, Definitive Technology, Denon HEOS, DTS Play-Fi, Dynaudio, Electrocompaniet, Harman Omni, HiFiAkademie, ickStream, JH Audio, Linn, McIntosh, Meridian, MartinLogan, Paradigm, Polk, Pro-ject, PS Audio, Raumfeld, Simple Audio, Sonos, Steinway Lyngdorf, Wadia, Wren Sound Systems with more to come.
• See www.tidal.com for live integrations.
For further information or images or interview requests, visit Tidal.com or please contact:
Jana Fleishman, EVP, Head of Communications, Roc Nation firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristin Eldnes, Head of Communications, at email@example.com
KEYWORDS: United States Europe North America Canada Norway Finland New York Sweden
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Women Other Consumer Entertainment Licensing (Entertainment) Music Technology Other Entertainment Internet Software General Entertainment Online Consumer Men
|(Graphic: Business Wire)|